The backyard has been mowed and the herb garden has been hoed. Not only that... all the vegetables, save two heads of broccoli, have been cooked and eaten (by me). The things I do to put flesh on my time at the Causey Homestead.
Mom and Dad are in Alabama visiting the oldest living ancestor in my family tree. I guess that sounds redundant: oldest living. Well, duh. Apparently Great Aunt Georgia is in her 90's, and this could be her last Easter. I'm sure she's loving the company as much as Mom's ever-talkative cousin Denny (he's the one housing my parents).
Hunter and his girl, who I accidentally keep calling by his last girlfriend's name, are in Dahlonega visiting her grandma. Right now, they're closer to John than I am at the moment. And John had to work today.
This has been the saddest Easter. Not only am I alone (which I can handle on most days), but I sat alone at church. I must have looked pretty odd couched in by 4 empty seats on both sides. Even that was not as sad as the fact that on one of the three most important days of the year (with Elvis's birthday coming in a close fourth according to many), I had no one to share this with. How great could it have been if I would have had friends and family around? That to me is the worst part about this Easter.
I think it all boils down to a fear of PDA: public display of affection. I don't want to make people uncomfortable by showing my real feelings about who Jesus is and what his sacrifice means. Instead of showing my allegiance, I keep it a secret and in doing so, stop the good news from spreading. All the while it hurts me to see people looking in the wrong places for their refuge.
Today, I rededicated myself at the alter (but more importantly, in my heart) that I would seek the Lord first and stop acting embarrassed. So after the service, I joined a women's Bible study group. It's something I've been considering for months. I look forward to sharing this journey with them. I hope they will be of encouragement and share their love for the Lord with me.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment